28.5 m3 Environmental Test Chamber Specifications
A purpose built test room where parameters such as temperature, relative humidity, air quality and air exchange rate can be precisely controlled.
The 28.5m³ environmental chamber is constructed based on ASTM D6670-01, ANSI/AHAM AC-1:2006, JEM1467 and GB21551-3 Standards. The chamber is served by supply and extract air handling units with re-circulated air and make up fresh air. The supply and exhaust air is HEPA filtered. The supply fan is capable of variable speed and the chamber has motorised dampers with shut-off seals on both supply and return ducts. Adjusting the fan speed and dampers enables the air exchange rate of the chamber to be reduced to as low as 0.06 ACH, equivalent to a passive house.
Specialist monitoring instrumentation measure concentrations of suspended particulates and the levels of other harmful airborne pollutants such as allergens, viruses, mold and bacteria. Air samples can be captured remotely at designated time points. Outside the chamber the computer control system is equipped for remote manipulation of climatic parameters and real time data capture and modelling. The chamber has a positive pressure air lock lobby.
Our chambers are located in the centre of our facility and are surrounded by our molecular biology, microbiology, mycology, virology and allergen laboratories, thus allowing air and surface samples generated in the chambers to be rapidly processed and analysed.
Specifications of the ANSI/AHAM environmental test chamber
- 16' x 8' x 8' (28.5m³)
- Built to ASTM standard
- Powder coated stainless steel interior
- All materials complying with low VOC emission requirements
- Controlled air flow, relative humidity and temperature
- Externally sealable ports
- Internal electrical outlet and fluorescent lighting
- Capable of a minimum 0.06 air changes per hour (ACH)
- Ability to control temperature between 18 and 35° C and 40 to 65% relative humidity
- Positive pressure entrance air lock lobby
- UV down lighters
- Real time aerosol monitor
- Two observation windows on one side and door
Example of test apparatus
- SKC biosamplers
- Biostage impactors
- MitestTM Samplers
- Sidekick Pumps
- Laser Particle Counter (0.3 to 10 microns)
- Condensation Nucleus Particle Counter (0.15 nm to 0.1 micron)
- Range of nebulisers and dust introduction systems
We can generate highly valuable market and consumer relevant data for everything that can be found in the built or indoor environment from wall and floor coverings to electrical appliances and textiles.
airmid healthgroup specialises in investigating the impact of air cleaning solutions and household products on indoor environmental pollution using state-of-the-art analytical methods and models. We are experts in investigating indoor environmental factors affecting health and specialise in the assessment of key factors concerning indoor air quality, such as indoor particulate contaminants including ultra-fine particles, allergens, viruses, bacteria, mold and toxins.