Senior Scientific Officer, Virology
airmid healthgroup is an organisation involved in research, development and testing of products and services that seek to improve the indoor environment. We provide companies with independent data to support their product/service development and claims.
We currently have a position available for a Virologist to join our team. The position offers the successful candidate an exciting opportunity to develop their career with a fast-growing international company.
· Managing virology/microbiology projects to assess the effect of products on airborne and surface microorganisms in our state of the art environmental test chambers or in bench studies.
· Direct interaction with clients to facilitate the transfer of technical information and to support the sales team.
· Performing/troubleshooting laboratory assays (e.g. ELISA, qPCR, cell-based assays) and cell culture techniques in line with the designated SOPs.
· Validate new assays and procedures to meet client needs and to expand the range of tests available in the laboratories, while overseeing the necessary technical features and documentation (sensitivity, uncertainty of measurement, reproducibility, validation report etc.).
· Participate in maintaining an efficient and up to date quality system, writing SOPs, risk assessments and reports, performing quality checks and working to high standards.
· Participating in the external audits conducted by INAB.
· Flexibility will be required to complete other duties as assigned from time to time.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Post-graduate qualification in microbiology or related field
- Proven microbiology, virology and cell culture laboratory experience.
- Excellent understanding of basic molecular biology techniques such as ELISA and PCR.
- Excellent data handling, report writing and communication skills.
- Flexible, proactive and have a problem-solving approach.
- The ability to perform well under pressure and enjoy working both independently and in a team.
- Practical experience in ISO17025 accredited laboratories will be a great advantage.
Salary negotiable dependent on experience.
The closing date for applications is 30th April, 2019.