Allergen Filtration Integrity
Description of the Test
Evaluation of the integrity of a Vacuum Cleaner filtration system for allergens.
Products that can be tested
- The allergen level in the small chamber is sampled whilst feeding ATD at the specified rate.
- Conditions and set-up of the small chamber are detailed.
- An air sampler is placed in the small chamber and run to determine background allergen levels. A particle counter is run simultaneously. Settle plates are also used.
- Allergen Test Dust is fed into the suction hose at a known rate whilst the VC is running.
- The challenge is repeated a number of times.
- The PTFE filter and settle plates in the chamber are analysed for allergens over know time intervals.
- Airborne and settle plate allergen levels are reported in picgram per m3 and cross referenced particle counts per m3.
3 vacuum cleaners with 9 bags and 9 filters