Our scientists possess extensive expertise and provide a comprehensive range of analytical and interpretation capabilities in;
Individual samples, components, prototypes, finished products or services can be assessed for impact on consumer health using proprietary and internationally accepted test methods at our state of the art microbiological facility.
Our ability to adapt to the specific requirements of our clients allows us to design projects of all sizes around the demands placed on a product in the indoor environment.
With an extensive track record in innovative approaches to claim validation, we serve a number of industries and offer our services to product developers, manufacturers, NPO's and government agencies. Through our experience and technical capabilities we are well placed to offer product testing in line with international standards as well as customised research projects.
To complement our standard services, our unique vertically integrated facility which combines molecular biology and state-of-the-art air sampling in a highly developed ANSI/AHAM chamber enables us to offer customised investigations into the effectiveness of products concerned with improving the quality of the indoor environment.
We offer the following standard laboratory microbiology tests >>
- Analysis and culture of airborne or dust samples with molecular methods (PCR/Real time PCR) for studies in virology, mycology, and bacteriology
- Antimicrobials/biocides assessment
- Bacteria, fungi, and virus inactivation
- Bioaerosol penetration and containment
- Characterization of microbial populations from air, dusts, and materials
- Disinfectant and sanitizer efficacy testing
- Fabric microbial penetration tests
- Isolation, quantitation, identification of bacteria, fungi, and bacterial viruses (bacteriophage)
- Microscopy and photomicrography
- Measure total viable count from solids, liquids and air as well as identification and enumeration of bacteria and fungi
- Microbiological testing for cosmetics
- Microbiological testing for medical devices
- Quantitative antimicrobial surface treatment & fabric testing
- Qualitative fungistatic testing
- Inter-laboratory cross checking comparison studies
- Biosafety Level 2
- We also offer customised and contract research for all of the above microbiological testing
The quality of the third party data we received from airmid helped us showcase our innovative strategy of licensing this novel technology at a prestigious international scientific event, the European Innovation Convention. Ultimately this will allow us add value and differentiate our customer offerings through a focus on health and indoor air quality.
Mr. Robert Hickson, MD of VitrA Ireland